Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sustainability




I visited the La Jolla farmers market at La Jolla Elementary. Nothing really struck me about the location except that it was very well organized and there were many goods to buy. It was pretty much what I expected, except there was more jewelry and created goods than I expected. Some of the food was cheaper than I expected.

I thought everything was going to be a lot more expensive than grocery items, but for their quality it was very reasonable to me. A lot of the vegetables and fruits were more expensive because they were locally grown and fresh. I was happy to support the local farmers. They had the best strawberries ever. The price was worth the peace of mind, knowing I wasn't putting dangerous chemicals in my body.

I definitely want to visit the farmers market more and I want to support the local farmers and craftsmen. Going to the farmers market and seeing everyone supporting their community was a breath of fresh air. I think if the farmers markets were more widely advertised it would encourage more people to get out there and check it out.Supporting local farmers and craftspersons can definitely help everyone live a more sustainable life, and help them keep their bodies safe. The farmers market is a very special place and I hope more people support it and its growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment