Thursday, May 20, 2010

Evelyn Glennie

Her performance really struck me and I think what I'll remember most is when she played that dark melodic tune on the marimba. It was like a lullaby and it really mesmerized me.I was also really surprised when she said she was deaf.
When I heard her play the marimba I had mixed emotions. When the tone was dark I felt moody, when the tone was light I felt happy. The way she held the sticks, which notes she played, and the tempo were definitely factors.
Again, the way she held the sticks, which notes she played, and the tempo affected what the audience heard. Her energy on stage mattered as well.
It is funny thinking about people and their different music tastes. For example, I like independant music and classic rock with good vibes, but there are people who like metal and rap. Everybody hears and react to music in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment