Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I am From and Voice Thread

Wingless Angel

I am from the raindrops trickling down the car window
Watching them race
Holding onto my youth
But watching it drip away inevitably with every breath I take
I am from my bass guitar to my record player and vinyl’s
Holding onto obsolete equipment
An attempt to slow down time
From the questions and love stuck to the four walls of my room
Part of me in every corner
I am from being born into Judaism
To running away from religion
Just another thing to prevent peaceful coexistence
I am from family dinners, activities, and movies
To barricading myself in my lair
Hidden in complete solitude
Giving myself time to think
Escaping from “we’re disappointed,” to “we love you.”
A scowl to a kiss
I am from running towards expectations
To failing to meet them
Wanting so bad to just get myself together
I am from staring at myself in the mirror
My insecurities eating up my thoughts
Thinking about how pitiful I am
To finding beauty in my flaws
From my first words to my last straw
I am from holding the hands of the sick, the misplaced, and the bruised
Empathy pulsing through my veins
Because where I’m from is not just a place
It’s a moving camera that snaps everyone I have made an impact on
And that will never fade
Not even when people step onto the dirt and see the R.I.P
Etched into my grave
Someone will look at those pictures
And I will be remembered
Most of all I am from love
A wingless angel
Swooping down to grace us with its flawless presence
Perfection incarnate
Golden-laced pain
Making it hard to breath
Swallowing quickly
Hiding all the nerves
Craving the scent
Pining for the feeling
That is where I’m from
http://voicethread.com/share/1364023/

No comments:

Post a Comment